160 Fifth Avenue
The Business Analyst will support the implementation of the SmartSimple software platform to replace the foundation's current grant management system, proposalCENTRAL. This is a fixed term position, to be completed once the full system has been deployed (estimated deployment is Q1, 2023). In this role, the Business Analyst will assist in the configuration, implementation and maintenance of the SmartSimple software platform.
- Requirements include but are not limited to
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements;
- Working closely with stakeholders to gather, update and document user requirements;
- Determining solutions to meet requirements and translating requirements into user stories with detailed acceptance criteria;
- Working closely with the project team and outside vendors during implementation to ensure system configuration meets stakeholder needs;
- Managing internal stakeholder testing to gather feedback through concept and usability testing;
- Working with stakeholders to prioritize functionality to be configured based on business needs and requirements; and
- Analyzing requirements for completeness, consistency and feasibility and recommending changes.
- Complete rigorous troubleshooting and testing of the system, and document bugs and workflow impediments to improve system operations.
- Manage external user recruitment and testing to gather feedback through concept and usability testing
- Support internal- and external-user training workshops and webinars for the deployment of SAM
- Oversee copyediting of website.
- Maintain a library of system notifications and the transfer of notifications into SAM
- Provide customer service support and troubleshooting assistance for internal and external system users in SAM
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of grants administration experience
- Knowledge of SmartSimple is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile environment is a plus.
- Ability to document complex business requirements
- Excellent with MS Office and project-tracking tools
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to complete multiple tasks while working under deadlines with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through
- Superb Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Great team player with respect for others and the ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state, and local law.