Prep for Prep is an education and leadership development program that creates ethical and effective leaders who reflect our diverse society. Prep identifies New York City’s most promising students of color, prepares them for success at the nation's top independent schools throughout the Northeast, and supports their academic and personal growth through college graduation. Today, over 5,000 students and alumni in the Prep for Prep Community are leaders in every field imaginable.
Prep for Prep Preparatory Component and PREP 9 seek teachers for their 7-week summer preparatory programs June 29th with an opening faculty meeting the week of June 22nd for 6th – 9th graders.
Prep for Prep: Openings in Literature & Writing, Test Prep, Research, Science, Sociology, Spanish, and Math. Classes for Prep for Prep will be held at the Trinity School.
PREP 9: Openings in History and Math/Science swing position. Classes for PREP 9 will be held at LREI. NOTE: This program spends two weeks at a boarding school outside of NYC in July.
- BA from a competitive college
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the middle school or high school level
- Independent school experience a plus
- Starting at $7,000 - $8,500 (depending on prior experience) for the entire summer session for teachers with three or more years' relevant teaching experience.
- $4,000 - $5,000 for less than three years’ experience. Additional increments for summer or school year sessions worked at Prep for Prep.
Please email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Summer Teacher” (indicate academic subject) to [email protected].