Director, Office of the President
Foundation for a Just Society (FJS) envisions a world where all people are equally valued and lead self- determined lives. FJS advances the rights of women, girls, and LGBTQI people and promotes gender and racial justice by ensuring those most affected by injustice have the resources they need to cultivate the leadership and solutions that transform our world.
FJS make grants to local, national, regional, and global organizations and networks with an emphasis on Francophone West Africa, Mesoamerica, South and Southeast Asia, and the US Southeast. FJS supports efforts that advance long-term, structural change and meet immediate needs that enable women, girls, and LGBTQI people most affected by injustice to be leaders, strategists, and agents of change.
The newly created position of Director, Office of the President, was driven by growth. This position will support the President's expanding personal philanthropic portfolio, which includes multiple foundations. The Director will serve as a thought partner to the President and her Executive team members, oversee her personal philanthropic advisory and support teams, and ensure the high quality, efficient and cohesive operation of the President's office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and ensure efficient development and growth of the President's personal philanthropic Partner closely with President to understand her mission and goals related to existing and future grantmaking initiatives and programs.
- Provide strategic guidance for personal philanthropic program development and Ensure streamlined execution of research, due diligence and management of personal grants portfolios. Oversee and maintain effective grantee partnerships.
- In partnership with Executives overseeing independent philanthropic entities, ensure the President's preparedness for successfully fulfilling her responsibilities and commitments.
- Run President's office operations to guarantee efficiency, while planning for continued programmatic growth and commensurate administrative
- Mentor and manage administrative and special initiatives team(s) including Executive Assistant and Special Assistant to the
- Prepare President for both internal and external In addition, represent President, as requested, at internal and external engagements.
- Oversee and participate in selected philanthropic management and grants review Oversee and monitor advisory teams and consultants.
- Oversee semi-annual reporting of President's grantmaking portfolio with key
- Perform any other duties as needed such as oversight and triage of all President's
- 10 plus years of related experience working at a family foundation or relevant organization in increasingly senior
- Track record of successfully mentoring, developing and managing individuals and
- Experience in philanthropy, grantmaking or
- Master's degree in a related field including but not limited to social sciences, gender studies, global affairs, or
- Experience working with diverse individuals and teams, including neuro-diverse
- Superior interpersonal Displays humility and acts as a champion of others.
- Strong sense of judgment and Able to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking
- Takes a creative and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Superior written and verbal
- Strong project management
- Solid critical thinking Ability to make decisions based on sound judgment.
- Ability to grow with position and take on increasing
FJS offers a benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for all eligible employees and their spouses, domestic partners, and eligible dependents. Commitment to providing transgender-inclusive health
- Paid vacation days, and closed Christmas Eve through New Year's
- 401(k) retirement plan (with employer match).
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, supplemental short-term disability and long-term
- Parental leave with full salary
- Student loan repayment or college savings assistance for dependents,
- Educational support
FJS is committed to cultivating an organizational culture where everyone is able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. The foundation believes a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, no matter their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, education or disability, are valued and respected.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a concise and compelling cover letter, and your resume in one PDF to [email protected]. Please include “Director, Office of the President–YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
All applications must be received via email. No phone inquiries please.
Contact Us: Layla Naficy |