The Senior Manager of Facilities and Office Services will oversee the hospitality and office services teams and support the director with various projects across the foundation. The Senior Manager of Facilities and Office Services will also serve as key liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
160 Fifth Avenue
Driven by employee and real estate growth, the Senior Manager of Hospitality and Office Services is a new role at Simons Foundation and will report to the Director of Facilities and Building Operations. The Senior Manager of Hospitality and Office Services will oversee the hospitality and office services teams and support the director with various projects across the foundation. The Senior Manager of Hospitality and Office Services will also serve as key liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
- Support operational services provided to Simons Foundation, the Flatiron Institute and Math for America, spanning over 300,000 square feet of office and residential space.
- Manage the hospitality and office services teams, assisting in the management of other teams within the group as needed.
- Assist with vendor relationship management.
- Assist with response, recovery and remediation efforts to operational emergencies while providing clear and timely updates to executive staff.
- Research and interpret condo language, in consultation with attorneys, and provide information and guidance related to Simons Foundation real estate, condo and lease matters.
- Collaborate with the Director to ensure appropriate space allocation and future space planning.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasts, including detailed budgeting for areas within facilities and operations.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis across the board of contracted services. Lead or assist with procurement of new contracted services or renewals of existing contracts.
- Identify and implement effective organizational systems and structures to support the successful growth of the Simons Foundation.
- Work with an external consultant to procure and ensure all office artwork, totaling upward of $2 million.
- Research and stay up to date on all relevant NYC building laws and regulations.
- Participate on various internal committees as a representative of the Building Operations function.
- Serve as backup to the Director during vacation, sick leave or when otherwise unavailable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five to seven years of people management experience required
- Five to seven years of operations and/or building management experience required
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Skilled with people management responsibilities including providing timely performance feedback and light mediation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with budgeting
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly in Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff in a changing environment
- Able to handle pressure effectively and manage multiple tasks/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse staff population
- Ability to provide initiative, judgment and creativity in the resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to establish realistic and achievable priorities and to lead staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Inspire respect and trust; value and nurture diversity and inclusion; provide vision and inspiration to peers and direct reports; exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well; effectively and positively influence actions and opinions of others; give appropriate recognition to others.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.