160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation is seeking an energetic, bright, and professional individual to join the Office Operations team as a front desk receptionist. As the first point of contact on the phone and at reception, a successful candidate must have a positive and approachable attitude and engage staff and guests with a cheerful disposition. The receptionist will perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including managing the front desk, sorting office mail, and ordering office supplies. Reporting to the Office Manager, this position will provide support at the foundation's headquarters. The office hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- Answer the foundation's main telephone line; respond to inquiries and direct calls to staff members.
- Monitor and screen all persons entering the foundation reception area, and alert security staff of any unexpected guests.
- Greet expected guests and inform employees of guests' arrival, ensure that guests are comfortable while they wait to be received.
- Coordinate daily guest list.
- Maintain the appearance of the front desk/reception area.
- Coordinate conference room reservations for staff as needed.
- Sort inbound mail and accept deliveries; process mail using the foundation's inbound receiving and tracking software.
- Prepare outbound express courier packages and coordinate interoffice mail deliveries.
- Ensure office supply rooms and restrooms are properly stocked.
- Assist in the maintenance of copiers and other office equipment, order consumables, and placing service calls as needed.
- Prepare expense reports using Concur Expense for review and approval when necessary.
- Assist the office operations team with various administrative duties, such as document management using FileMaker Pro, printing, copying, mailing, and meeting coordination.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with all staff members.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- 2-5 years of experience in a relevant role or similar position
- Experience working with a nonprofit is a plus but not necessary
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and reliable team player.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional personal presentation - position requires strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle pressure effectively and manage multiple tasks/priorities with grace.
- Solution focused and able to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail.
- Proficiency with G-Suite applications, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Condeco Conference Room Scheduling software and Concur Expense experience a plus.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Include a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.