160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation Mathematics & Physical Sciences (MPS) Grants Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for post-award activities for the assigned portfolio of grants. The Grants Assistant will oversee the process of contacting grantees and their administrators to obtain required reporting for the grants team, and in this position, they must be well versed in Foundation policies and procedures. The Grants Assistant must foster good working relationships, both internally and externally. The Grants Assistant will report to the Grants Manager.
This is a temporary opportunity expected to last through March 2023.
- Provides administrative and project-level support
- Responds to inquiries from grantees and institutional administrators
- Oversees the grant deliverable reminder, submission and review processes
- Aids in the creation and maintenance of all program templates
- Provides first-tier review of budgets, activations, financial statements and progress reports
- Generates and prepares data for monthly reports, portfolio analyses and other required reports
- Assists with the maintenance of electronic award records in the online grants management system
- Aids in defining, creating, organizing and updating program policies and processes
- Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of full-time administrative experience
- Previous experience in grants or in sponsored projects administration is ideal
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet competing deadlines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of proposalCENTRAL, SmartSimple, or related award management system is a plus
- Eagerness to grow with the position as the organization's needs evolve
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/eA6xgrSmpb4YaSjZgunQer