Reporting to the AV Department Manager, the Audio Visual Coordinator's role is to support the AV team as they service the Foundation's event and meeting technology needs. The AV Coordinator will field incoming requests. They will assign urgent help desk tickets to available technicians. In this role, the Coordinator will work closely with the AV team and colleagues from other departments to schedule and plan various in-person, virtual and hybrid events. They will work with the events team and meeting organizers to ascertain AV needs for events and assist the AV team with preparing for those events. They will also assist with meeting kickoffs and assist with live events as needed. This role is ideal for someone with an interest in technology who is looking to expand their skill set.
Our team's goal is to help our scientific colleagues maximize their ability to collaborate and communicate through the effective use of technology.
- Provide administrative support to the AV team.
- Monitor the department's help desk ticket system, write prompt replies and relay troubleshooting needs to technicians as they arise.
- Oversee and keep up with personal and department email accounts.
- Maintain team's calendar - update it with new events and changing event details.
- Collaborate with in-house and external events teams and organizers to define AV needs/requirements.
- Advance preparation of presentations and testing to troubleshoot any problems.
- Learn and follow proper AV practices and procedures and department standards.
- Collaborate with policy makers to establish new and improve existing AV administrative practices and procedures.
- Log and compress footage of lectures and conferences.
- Post event editing, management and distribution of video files.
- Provide routine maintenance and storage of microphones, cameras, projectors, lighting and sound equipment.
- Assist technicians during live events as needed.
- When necessary, investigate reported issues and perform simple hands-on troubleshooting if necessary.
- Other AV projects and responsibilities when assigned
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent is preferred, as well as 2–4 years of experience in an administrative role or in the AV field.
- Prefer a candidate with an interest in learning new technologies
RELATED SKILLS & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor under pressure
- Ability to concurrently track multiple tasks and prioritize them as instructed
- Service-oriented team player
- Willing to perform a variety of tasks with diverse participants/users
- Effective time manager
- Active learner
- Working computer knowledge (PC & Mac)
- Proficient with Dropbox, G-Suite, MS Office suite, PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe
- Possess an interest in and desire to learn AV technology
- Must be willing to occasionally work long hours on event days and rarely on weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The full-time annual compensation range for this position is $61,000 – $70,000, depending on experience.
- In addition to competitive salaries, the Simons Foundation provides employees with an outstanding benefits package.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/2V7R7qIeRGOBBuZWMCLXAd
Apply Online https://www.click2apply.net/2V7R7qIeRGOBBuZWMCLXAd