160 Fifth Avenue
The Administrative Specialist, Facilities & Building Operations will be responsible for providing high-level administrative and operational support to the Facilities and Building Operations teams.
Reporting to the Vice President, Facilities & Building Operations, the Administrative Specialist, Facilities & Building Operations will be responsible for providing high-level administrative and operational support to the Facilities and Building Operations teams.
- Partner with the Building Operations Coordinator on administrative tasks associated with both the Facilities and Building Operations management teams.
- Accurately prepare and review Facilities & Building Operations team invoices and expense reports to submit for approval and processing via the foundation's accounting software, Concur.
- Perform tasks related to the on/offboarding process of employees and staff/department moves, in the foundation space and work management system, inclusive of providing seat assignments, sending notifications and updating floor plans and directory.
- Serve as substitute administrator for iOffice, a space and work order management system, as required.
- Maintain, organize and regularly audit digital files in shared drives, Dropbox and Google Docs for the team.
- Schedule meetings, poll for availability, collect meeting materials, coordinate internal calendars, register external guests and, when appropriate, take meeting minutes documenting outcomes and deliverables.
- Manage the Operations@SF delegated email and both Facilities@ accounts promptly with professionalism and accuracy.
- Manage numerous inquiries from other departments and vendors and effectively delegate to appropriate team members.
- Partner with Facilities & Building Operations on related research, special projects and reports on an ongoing or ad-hoc basis.
- Assist in managing web content and maintenance of the Building Operations pages.In partnership with management, create, review and maintain written announcements for the foundation intranet.
- Manage and keep occupants informed of requested services through the foundation's Work Management System.
- Partner with the foundation's Communications department to manage notifications to occupants of abnormal conditions through both Slack and the foundation intranet.
- Facilitate employee artwork procurement, working with occupants and the Facilities team to schedule installation. Maintain artwork presentations and update the foundation artwork database of acquired and available pieces.
- Serve as alternate front desk Office Assistant during vacation, sick leave or when otherwise unavailable.
- Foster and build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressively high-level administrative experience preferably in Accounts Payable, Operations or a related discipline
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to balance workload under strict deadlines and competing priorities
- Multitasking skills, project management and ability to be flexible when priorities shift
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Sound judgment and discretion with confidential matters
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with email, word processing and spreadsheets (experience with Google Suite tools preferred, e.g., Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs)
- Experience with space management systems and accounting software such as Concur a plus
- Competence to work with minimal oversight
- Ability to interact with a diverse population while maintaining a can-do spirit to help foster a team culture
- Ability to work onsite in the office 5 days a week
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The full-time annual compensation range for this position is $74,000 to $85,000 depending on experience.
- In addition to competitive salaries, the Simons Foundation provides employees with an outstanding benefits package.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/zWgnrmhdgbMlqT7Q5IR4Ba
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resumé and cover letter stating your interest in the position.