160 Fifth Avenue
Reporting to the Director of Facilities& Building Operations, the Building Operations Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Facilities and Building Operations teams. These teams are responsible for the building operations and functioning of 300,000 square feet of working spaces.
- Work with the Building Operations Coordinator to assist the Director of Facilities& Building Operations with administrative tasks.
- Serve as backup administrator for iOffice, a space and work order management system.
- Perform tasks related to the on/offboarding process of employees and staff/department moves, inclusive of providing seat assignments, sending notifications, and updating floor plans and directory.
- Create and review announcements for the intranet site. Help with the web content and maintenance of the Building Operations pages.
- Facilitate employee artwork procurement, including maintaining presentations and database of acquired and available art pieces.
- Prepare and review Concur invoices and expense reports for accuracies to submit for approval and processing.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, including polling for availability, collecting meeting materials, coordinating internal calendars, and registering external guests.
- Check and reply to emails sent to the [email protected] delegated email account with professionalism. Provide answers to numerous inquiries from other departments and vendors.
- Foster and build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Experience in an operations support role preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to balance workload under strict deadlines and competing priorities
- Multitasking skills and ability to be flexible when priorities shift
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly with email, word processing and spreadsheets. Experience with Google Suite tools (Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, etc.) preferred.
- Sound judgment and discretion with confidential matters
- Competence to work with minimal oversight
- Ability to interact with a diverse population while maintaining a can-do spirit to help foster a team culture.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.