The Pacific Council seeks to hire a Sr. Production Associate to coordinate virtual and in-person events on behalf of the organization. This role supports the organization’s mission to build the capacity of Los Angeles and California for impact on global issues, discourse, and policy. It includes aspects of project management, including monitoring progress and updating project management tools, supporting the creation and distribution of regular updates to members and stakeholders, and scheduling and organizing meetings and public-facing events on pertinent local-to-global issues. This role leads the logistical and operational needs of event management.
Events development and administration
● Leads events program management with administrative functions covering planning, budgeting,
proposal development, and marketing of events.
● Manages the design and delivery of programs (event activity), services (member and director
meetings) and special events (gala or other benefit events). Oversees the events calendar for all
internal and externally facing events.
● Researches the (speaker/ global affairs industry) market and develops strategies to promote events
● Assists in fundraising and development efforts for event series or conference sponsors, foundation or institutional, and individual event sponsors.
● Coordinates program services with other staff stakeholders. Serves as a resource for program
information. Recommends hiring needs for contract support.
Program analysis and data collection
● Using department KPIs and event metrics, tests and evaluates the effectiveness of existing program content and services. During annual planning, recommends and implements modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of program goals and objectives that support the organization’s theory of change and mission.
● Recommends program modifications or creation of new programs (event line up) and services to
● Build/document/improve internal processes and workflow; identify areas of improvement in overall data management ecosystem
Tech and database management
● Manages event data collection, record-keeping, and event campaign creation on Salesforce and
other virtual event platforms
● Manages virtual events production on Zoom, Socio, and other relevant event platforms (i.e.
Instagram, Clubhouse, others as needed)
● Supports research, features testing, and functionality testing on virtual event platforms
● 1-2 years relevant experience, such as event management, fundraising, sales, marketing and
● High energy, positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, impeccable attention to detail, and high degree of initiative.
● Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships across various levels and
● Demonstrated, deep commitment to mission, core values, and our commitment to diversity and
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES NEEDED
● Relationship Management: Able to cross manage their peers and supervisors against internal project deadlines and initiatives. Balance their own projects against the needs of others. Able to work independently as well as on a team. Understand urgent versus important.
● Executes to Results: Strong ability to create and execute against work plans. History of meeting
goals and achieving benchmarks and holding self and others accountable. Trouble-shoot and work
well with others. Ability to manage a high volume of transactions and be productive in a fast-paced
multitasked environment. Committed to process and efficiency. Must be very detail-oriented.
● Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and
written. Good listener, empathetic team player, and flexible.
● Subject-Matter Understanding: A background or interest in international affairs and/or public policy.
Salary range: $56k-$70k, commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt role that is eligible
● USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the
renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
No phone calls, please. To apply: visit