Position: Local Coordinator
Department: High School USA
Reports To: Regional Placement Manager
Location: All 50 states
About the Company:
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Summary of Position:
CIEE is seeking Local Coordinators in all 50 US states. A Local Coordinator helps coordinate school and volunteer host family placements for international high school students in local community. This position works with regional staff to coordinate, supervision and support students/families throughout the duration of the exchange program. The incumbent is passionate about bringing the world closer together, increasing inter-cultural awareness, and finding safe and welcoming homes in their community for international exchange students.
- Recruits and selects volunteer to host families in your area
- Matches students from around the world with host families
- Builds and maintains relationships with local schools
- Provides support/guidance to students and host families throughout the experience
- Serves as a liaison between students, families, schools and the CIEE support staff
Knowledge and Skills:
- Creativity, patience, persistence, strong social skills, and the ability to work with all people
- Ability to problem-solve, network, communicate effectively, and act objectively, within CIEE and Department of State guidelines
- An understanding of cultural differences is helpful, as well as a desire to work with international youth
Must be 25 years of age to apply
Training and Support:
CIEE provides comprehensive training for Local Coordinators to prepare them for all aspects of the position including, but not limited to: placements, supervision and support, conflict mediation and resolution, outreach, and intercultural training. Regional Managers work directly with Local Coordinators to guide them through initial training modules and provide additional support and training throughout the year.
This position is not salaried; Local Coordinators are independent contractors and earn financial compensation in the form of placement & supervision fees, bonuses, and travel incentives. Compensation is based on each placement and earlier placements earn increased incentives. Earn as much as $1500 per placement + supervision stipends + bonus incentives. As a Local Coordinator, you manage your own schedule and have flexible hours; many of our current local coordinators have full time jobs, are stay at home moms and dads, or are retired.
Follow this link to start your application today:
CIEE believes that diversity matters and those professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why you should consider working for us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will be fairly compensated. CIEE strives to provide all employees with competitive salaries and exceptional benefits. Benefits include excellent healthcare insurance; annual contributions to your retirement fund of up to 5% of your salary; generous personal time off, including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays; and a full suite of insurance, including life, travel, short-term, and long-term disability insurance.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.