Thrivalaska seeks a dynamic, relationship-based leader to work in partnership with the board to continue the legacy of delivering high-quality programs, while building a strong, financially stable future for the organization. Building upon Thrivalaska’s decades of service to the community, the ideal candidate will be a gifted communicator and advocate with a true passion for early childhood education. Using their demonstrated business acumen and experience, the new leader will steward the organization through the current challenges of COVID-19 while planning to meet the future needs of Thrivalaska and the families it serves.
The executive director is the internal driver and external face of Thrivalaska who oversees its day-to-day affairs. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the mission and core purpose of Thrivalaska – Helping Children & Families Thrive.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership, and translate that vision into measurable strategies and concrete actions that advance the mission.
- Advocate at the local, state, and federal level for successful child and family development experiences.
- Participate actively in partnership with thread Alaska Child Care Resource and Referral Network.
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight of programs, personnel, benefits, finances, services, activities, public relations, marketing and facilities.
- Oversee the business operations of the organization and ensure fiscal responsibility and security, including grant management.
- Monitor and maintain the profitability of all Thrivalaska programs.
- Oversee the development of program budgets for submission to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and expand strategies for sustainable revenue
- Directly supervise, support, mentor, train, and evaluate leadership staff.
- Actively seek out partnerships with community members and agencies to enhance program services and resources.
- Promote positive communication and working relationships with community partners and funding agencies.
- Promote positive communication and strong working relationships with the Board of Directors, Policy Council, and advisory groups.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Demonstrated passion for early childhood education
- High emotional intelligence, with ability to create positive work relationships and environments
- A compassionate professional who is a relationship-based, respectful, inclusive, and effective leader and developer of staff
- A visionary leader who continually seeks opportunities and is open to new ideas
- A collaborative nature eager to engage and partner with the board and community
Skills and Experience
- Leadership experience in a nonprofit
- Experience administering a complex, multi-source budget, and efficiently and strategically aligning and maximizing resources required
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position and/or to Thrivalaska’s mission and services required; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in diversifying and expanding revenue streams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with parents/families
- Experience securing and managing grants
- Experience advocating for a cause at the local and state level
- Demonstrated experience building community relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively in partnership with a board of directors to carry out the mission of the organization
- Confident communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Head Start program – its regulations and program structure, and the management of this federal grant
- Experience in and knowledge of Fairbanks, Alaska is desired
The salary range is between $75,000 and $83,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Thrivalaska offers a competitive benefits package.
Read the full position profile and apply at https://www.forakergroup.org/site/index.cfm/cboard-view/7353
Thrivalaska is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Thrivalaska is especially interested in candidates whose background and experience have prepared them to grow to our commitment to engagement and inclusion with culturally diverse audiences.