NECEC is the premier voice of businesses building a world-class clean energy hub in the Northeast, helping clean energy companies start, scale and succeed with our unique business, innovation, and policy leadership. NECEC includes the Northeast Clean Energy Council (a nonprofit business member organization) and NECEC Institute (a nonprofit focused on industry research, innovation, policy development, and communications initiatives). NECEC brings together business voices and key stakeholders to engage in influential policy discussions and business initiatives while building connections that propel the clean energy industry forward and help the Northeast become a model clean economy. NECEC is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive work environment. We celebrate and embrace diversity among our staff and network and work hard to create a team atmosphere based on mutual respect. Our staff is hard-working and team-oriented.
NECEC is seeking a full-time Senior Communications Manager to lead all external and internal communications efforts, including media relations, thought-leadership development, website management, marketing communications, and social media.
- Maintain and expand relationships with local, national, and sector-specific media contacts
- Proactively develop and pitch stories about NECEC programs, industry trends and priorities, and member companies to members of the media, offering NECEC staff as commentators/experts
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to maximize NECEC's influence, including maintaining an organization-wide editorial calendar
- Draft and distribute press releases
- Track and compile NECEC media hits, especially for funder reporting purposes
- Manage NECEC's website, including updates to program descriptions, event postings, Member News, and other content as necessary
- Monitor website analytics to improve content and traffic over time
- Write regular posts for the NECEC blog on relevant news and industry analysis, while also soliciting and editing blogs from NECEC staff and partners
- Maintain NECEC's Industry Events calendar
- Manage NECEC's Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts
- Post frequent updates about NECEC, member, and partner initiatives, policy efforts, news, and events
- Manage NECEC's Google Ads account
- Lead production of the Northeast Clean Energy Update, NECEC's biweekly member newsletter
- Plan and execute all marketing of NECEC events, including email blasts, social media posts, partner promotion, live event coverage, and post event surveys
- Develop and publish NECEC's Annual Report
- Assist President in coordinating and editing NECEC's board update memos
- Provide support at events as needed, including live streaming
- Attend weekly Policy and Innovation team meetings to coordinate on communications activities
- Support NECEC's Decade of Action fundraising initiative
- Three or more years experience in PR, communications, marketing communications
- Experience working with online, print, and broadcast media (existing relationships with Northeast press a plus)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Google Ads, Microsoft Office, open-source CMS, and Slack preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position.
Email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please also include a writing sample.