The Senior Account Director is responsible for developing and cultivating strong client relationships, providing strategic direction and addressing client needs, and leading a team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing strategic leadership for client accounts and directly managing employees.
- Working with our clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify/implement campaigns to help achieve client goals.
- Understanding each client’s unique voice, mission, and donor base to generate new ideas to enhance results.
- Creating and interpreting effective, data-driven analyses to support campaign recommendations.
- Building trusting, collaborative relationships with a diverse array of clients.
- Developing broad industry expertise, discovering new trends, and pioneering new strategies and techniques.
- Managing project schedules and client budgets.
- Ensuring client schedules, campaigns, and programs are executed accurately and on time.
- Promoting collaboration across all agency departments and fostering synergy within your team.
- Providing team leadership that rewards creativity, accountability, and excellence in client service.
- Recruiting new clients and opportunities that fit in with the company’s mission.
- Promoting new products offering to clients within their scope of needs.
- Managing (and expanding, as needed) a team of people who are empowered to learn, grow, experiment, pursue opportunities, and lead a healthy work/life balance.
What we’d like to see
- At least ten years of related experience, preferably in an agency setting within the direct response fundraising/marketing industry.
- You have a demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service.
- You’ve proven your ability to manage teams working cross-functionality within an organization.
- Solid experience in formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans and strategies.
- You possess advanced negotiation, communication, writing, and organization skills.
- You’re a taskmaster who’s a stickler for details.
- You’re comfortable thinking strategically about execution of work as well as account management.
- You’ve got an ear for copy that sings, and an eye for designs that pop.
- You’re an Excel ninja and a PowerPoint maestro.
- Able to manage and direct 3 to 4 employees.
The Lukens Company is an award-winning full-service direct response marketing agency serving conservative political clients, non-profit organizations, and cultural institutions. We offer competitive salaries and a full-benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, a 401(k), and more.
The Lukens Company is an award-winning, full-service direct response agency that has been providing marketing and fundraising services to political and nonprofit clients for over 30 years. This open position is in the nonprofit division that partners with a variety of museums, animal welfare organizations, social welfare organizations, aquariums, zoos, faith-based missions, and other clients staffed by awesome people looking to make a difference in the world.