AARP’s loyalty program will produce meaningful societal change while that drives awareness and engagement with AARP’s enterprise-wide offerings. This position will create an integrated marketing platform that helps consumers prepare for life’s transitions while delivering immediate gratification and fun; enables consumers to grow their knowledge; and drives behavior change at an individual level. Social Impact Sr. Advisor, Loyalty Program will operationalize the marketing and communications for the program including bringing all email operations in-house. They are fluent in traditional, digital, social, and experiential marketing with proven success in driving societal impact at the individual level. Additionally, they will play a critical consultative role with other enterprise-wide teams to develop marketing campaigns that leverage the loyalty program to amplify the content, product, and services offered by AARP in support of social mission.
Design and drive Consumer engagement throughout the journey of Invite, Engage, and Enjoy
- Social Impact: Design communications and campaigns that help consumers prepare for life’s transitions while delivering immediate gratification and fun; build knowledge for consumers, and drive behavior change at an individual level. Create a positive framing of the social mission and societal impact for consumers that drives a desire to engage, learn, and celebrate.
- Lifecycle/Segmentation Marketing: Develop targeted and trigger-based campaigns that drive specific behavior and engagement from the target including but not limited to acquisition of new participants, new participant on-boarding, engagement, redemption, and lapsed user.
- Integrated Marketing Campaigns: Directions internal team and agencies to deliver strategy marketing campaigns to create issue area engagement at the individual level. Campaigns will include traditional, digital, social, PR and experiential marketing. Develop marketing plans to promote new AARP Innovation products and services.
- Marketing Communications: Manages and directs agencies and internal teams to create delight in the marketing communications experience to drive higher NPS, Satisfaction and Engagement.
Design and drive Enterprise engagement and value
- Leverage the power of the Loyalty Program platform to amplify enterprise-wide content, products and services.
- Create an internal agency/consultative approach with other AARP teams to enable them to leverage the loyalty program to meet our shared goals
- Leverage the loyalty program assets to drive increased engagement (new members, renewals, interactions with products/services)
- Validate the power of the loyalty program’s ability to offset marketing costs for other arms of the Enterprise while delivering superior consumer engagement
Champion the Loyalty Program Brand and Voice
- Provide strategic direction on the marketing, branding and voice that defines the Loyalty program across channels
- Refine the loyalty program brand and voice as the program matures and grows
Operationalize the email and personalization across the program
- Lead the process of moving the program’s email capabilities in house. Lead the ongoing strategic direction and performance of the program emails in partnership with the Email Operations team.
- Develop a personalization strategy for the program that is operationalized through Adobe Test and Target or new product development
Financial and analytics management
- Manage the marketing budget
- Manage and track results against program KPIs
- Develop and track marketing KPIs to support program and enterprise goals in partnership with the analytics team.
- Create insights from the data to drive performance-based impactful campaigns.
- Manage the relationship and results of the marketing and design agencies
- 10+ years of experience in variety of cross-functional marketing roles including but not limited to social mission/cause marketing, traditional, digital, email, and social. Prior experience with loyalty and engagement programs strongly preferred.
- Strong track record of success in developing creative marketing platforms and campaigns that perform
- Must bring a social entrepreneur mindset and approach to the role.
- Strategic and critical thinker, comfortable using qualitative and quantitative information to make decisions and solve problems. Financial savvy and business acumen with a proven ability to translate data and analyses into strategy.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Customer-centric mindset. Self-motivated, confident, with a high attention to detail and collaborative work-style.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills with a high comfort level presenting to teams and senior leadership.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with major internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working within a matrixed organization where success was dependent on influence if not direct control.
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and take action. Able to prioritize and handle several projects concurrently, often under tight deadlines.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.