AARP is seeking a summer cash management intern for the treasury department. The AARP Treasury department employs best practices in treasury technology, fraud prevention, short term liquidity management, and banking. The Cash Management team manages $11 Billion in annual cash flow through short term liquidity management; working with its banking partners as well as fund manager expertise.
In the summer of 2019 the Integrity Treasury Workstation (TWS); an FIS Global product, will be upgraded to a new version. The intern will be an integral part of the team for the cash forecasting process and the TWS upgrade. This will provide the intern with hands on experience in the inner workings of a treasury department. Specifically the intern will:
- Update the cash forecast model, producing monthly cash forecast reports for all business units;
- Learn to utilize the TWS and assist with the upgrade to V.10 by participating in user acceptance testing (UAT), parellel processing, and documentation updating;
- Analyze and provide recommendations on government money market fund options; and
- Assist with daily cash positions process to learn about core treasurey functions
- Preference will be given to candidates enrolled in an MBA program.
- AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated college and are now enrolled in a continuing education program.
- The successful candidate will have proven writing, teamwork, communication, and modeling skills.
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.