350.org is looking for a talented writer and copy editor eager to produce and localise content to amplify our work in Francophone Africa.
Remote, based in Francophone African countries (preferably Senegal, Cameroon or Ivory Cost)
Working with a highly diverse and talented team spread around the world, the Localisation Content Producer will help 350 to create and localise content that speaks truth, showcases our vision, shifts conversations, combats false narratives and drives people to take online and offline action. The ideal candidate will know how to identify and tell local or regional stories that support, value, respect and build relationships with those on the frontlines of climate crisis, with a focus on making them interesting, engaging and creating connections with audiences around outside Francophone Africa. They will be a talented copy editor, aware of local sensitive topics and political context, cultural specificities and language sensitivities, able to edit and translated content to transform it into fully localized and engaging resources.
- Proven previous writing, editing and proofreading experience
- Experience with content localisation
- Native speaker of French, with excellent written communications skills
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Experience with storytelling and / or journalistic writing
- Experience with writing about activism or climate justice topics
- Basic experience with photo and video editing, including subtitles creation
- Basic experience with publishing tools, such as Wordpress
- Comfort working with colleagues in multiple time-zones via slack, conference calls, and other online tools
- Proven ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance in fast-paced, high pressure working environments
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.