The John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove will to hire multiple, part-time Center Assistants to support events and visitor services at the site. These are temporary positions for up to six months with the possibility of conversion in to a regular, part-time position.
Shifts include weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Work schedules and total hours worked will vary based on the candidate’s availability and flexibility.
- Follow detailed check-list in preparing site for rental events; duties will include equipment set-up; stocking supplies, cleaning floors, windows and restrooms; and receiving inventory.
- Serve as a key holder ensuring facilities opened and locked at appropriate times.
- Ability to safely operate equipment, including but not limited to golf cart, industrial floor cleaner, and power tools.
- Serve a liaison with catering staff, vendors, and rental clients throughout the event period; respond to questions and monitor activities to ensure rules and regulations are followed by all parties.
- Direct and manage traffic during peak arrival times; use golf cart to shuttle guests and move equipment.
- Inspect site before, during and after events; document damage and incidents involving guests with assistance from the manager-on-call.
- Provide basic on-grounds landscaping and maintenance support to ensure the site is attractive to guests.
- Provide staffing support as needed in other areas, such as gift shop, admissions, and visitor experiences.
- Participate in schedule staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist in supervising individual and group volunteers assigned to support building and grounds maintenance.
- Attention to detail, excellent time-management and organizational skills, sound judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively.
- Must be willing to participate in maintenance projects and visitor services.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours when needed, including weekends and evenings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.