This position will work with private landowners and Audubon stewardship volunteers to move Golden-winged Warbler conservation forward in western North Carolina under the NRCS Working Lands for Wildlife Program.
This person will work with the working lands staff to:
- Identify and recruit new landowners interested in Golden-winged Warbler conservation;
- Identify, recruit, train, and support volunteer stewards to monitor the bird response and distribution;
- Screen potential landowners for enrollment in technical and financial services;
- Effectively communicate about the working lands program;
- Manage and share data with partners and landowners;
- Assess lands and write management plans for interested landowners and enroll landowners in appropriate cost share programs.
- Ability to work independently,
- Familiarity with GIS mapping,
- Outgoing and highly organized personality,
- Familiarity with Golden-winged Warbler biology