Position: Part-Time Online Facilitator
Type: Part-Time Consultant (5-15 hours per week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
The Short Version: At nXu, we believe that it's not enough to teach kids academic skills; We owe it to them to help them identify and pursue their purpose in the world. We work with K-12 educators to support their work in developing their students' sense of purpose. We also work directly with high school and college students to articulate their purpose and map the path they will take to live their lives with purpose.
The Long Version: nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by developing social and emotional learning skills. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, we have developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and we also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for Part-Time Online Facilitators to support our school-year programming leading student, educator, and professional sessions helping individuals to identify their purpose and articulate key actions they must take to ensure they realize their purpose.
The right people for these positions would be available to facilitate on both weekdays (typically after school hours) and weekends for at least five sessions (2-2.5 hours per session) out of every month during the academic year (September - June). The right people will have experience presenting to diverse groups of individuals, are engaging and interactive, and inspire and ignite passion in students, educators, and professionals.
These are fast-paced, part-time, and virtual roles. The point of contact for facilitators is Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs. Facilitators will also work closely with Yutaka Tamura, Executive Director of nXu, and Jabali Sawicki, Compass Director at nXu.
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMMING
Student Sessions: The nXu Purpose Bootcamps for Students bring together high school students from partner organizations/schools around the country. The Part-Time Online Facilitator will guide students through a series of immersive learning experiences, activities, conversations, and reflections to help them develop an understanding of their purpose in life.
Educator Sessions: The nXu Purpose Bootcamps for Educators bring together educators from across the country. The Part-Time Online Facilitator will guide educators through a series of immersive learning experiences to help them uncover ways to deepen their impact.
Professional Sessions: The nXu Purpose Bootcamps for Professionals bring together professionals from across sectors and across the country. The Part-Time Online Facilitator will guide professionals through a series of immersive learning experiences to help them identify who they are, what they are passionate about, and how they want to show up personally and professionally.
- Program Leadership and Facilitation: Lead and facilitate nXu’s online bootcamps to ensure that the programmatic implementation aligns with the organizational mission and vision. Drive participant learning and mastery of each practice and implement the centrally developed nXu program and curriculum. Ensure high quality experiences for participants.
- Culture Development: Cultivate and create a safe and exciting atmosphere for nXu participants to be curious and vulnerable during nXu programming.
- Participant Management: Ensure nXu participants are fully engaged throughout their bootcamp experience. Support participants as they navigate their nXu experience before, during, and between sessions, including but not limited to maintaining contact with participants between sessions, reviewing feedback, and differentiating sessions to meet the needs of all participants.
- Program Representation: Serve as a positive representative of nXu within the broader educational community, at virtual conferences, with partner organizations, and more.
- Other Duties: Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- Exceptional facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- The ability to exhibit high energy and to motivate and inspire youth, educators, and professionals;
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- The ability to create an inclusive and equitable program culture for all program participants;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
Ideally, the right candidate for this position would also possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- Experience working with and guiding a diverse array of youth and/ or adults;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take ensure a meaningful experience for all participants;
- Two years of experience in working with high school aged youth (teaching experience strongly preferred);
- Effective virtual facilitation, which includes:
- High energy
- Effective use of frequent and numerous engagement strategies
- Rapid instructional decision-making
- Effective use of multiple community & culture-building strategies
- Ability to maximize engagement and participation of 25+ students
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.