Do you have a passion for working with individuals with special needs?
The Somerset Hills branch of Somerset County & Plainfield YMCA has developed various successful Special Needs programs which have grown over the past several years and we seek to expand our services across Somerset County to individuals with special needs through both inclusive and specialized programs for children, young adults, and families.
- Oversee existing Special Needs programs and create new opportunities for the special needs population.
- Under the general direction of the Senior Program Director – Youth & Family Services, the Director of Special Needs is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing all Special Needs programming.
- This position will network and collaborate with our other Somerset County YMCA branches, community partners and volunteers to ensure that these programs meet the needs of the community and mission of Somerset County & Plainfield YMCA.
- S/he serves as the ambassador and primary contact person, and also manages the day-to-day activities related to initiatives of the Special Needs programs.Requires the ability to both grow programs throughout our service area as well as function hands-on internally.
- Five or more years of professional, hands-on experience in Special Needs-related areas to include developmental, behavioral, or physical disabilities.
- Fundamental knowledge of recreational therapy/therapeutic recreation.
- Prior supervisory experience and ability to work independently.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Budgeting/fiscal management experience.
- Grant writing experience for special needs programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations pertaining to Special Needs children and adults, such as DDD, Children’s System of Care, Perform Care, and Mental Health System.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) as well as strong administrative skills.
- Proven ability to produce and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary: $50,000.00 - $54,000.00