Context: The Conservation Intern will perform various administrative and conservation duties to support operations of the Chapter office.
Scope: The Conservation Intern will perform (1) administrative and general office duties, coordinate chapter activities and meetings, interact with volunteers, and respond to routine inquiries from members, volunteers, and the general public, and (2) conservation duties including researching chapter conservation issues, writing reports and letters, attending and speaking at meetings.
- Work with volunteers and assist in role development
- Create flyers, social media posts to keep Club membership informed and the general public informed.
- Write newsletter stories on various local conservation issues
- Assist in developing effective outreach material via web presence and or visual content
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Volunteer outreach
- Building a name brand on social and traditional media
- Research chapter conservation issues
- Write conservation articles and post via social media
- Speak at agency meetings: city councils, planning commissions, etc.
- Ability to interact effectively with volunteers, members, staff and the general public.
- Interest working with local conservation organizations.
- Interest in researching and writing about local conservation issues
- Proficient, detail oriented, self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently.