350.org is looking for a motivated communications specialist to join our EECCA team bring the story of the climate movement to media in EECCA and globally and to support 350 staff and the network in their communications.
The role of the EECCA Communications Coordinator is to develop and execute communications strategies for 350.org’s regional campaigns, as well as to implement regional communications strategies in alignment with global communications objectives. The Communications Coordinator will use relevant regional media moments to promote narratives and outputs aligned with campaign goals and strategies to raise the voices of local communities that have been affected by climate change, and that are fighting for climate justice.
- At least three (3) years of experience in media relations and communications in region
- Knowledge of the media landscape and strong media contact networks
- Working knowledge of the current global debates on climate change and climate justice and strong interest in working on these issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, Russian, Ukrainian
- Qualified to a work in Ukraine.
Preferred Qualifications: desired, but not required, skills and experiences
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in non-governmental organisation or nonprofit sector
- Experience with data collection and media analysis
- Experience in audience engagement through digital channels
- Professional experience and competency working in an international environment and in multicultural groups
- Experience working and living in multiple countries
- Able to travel internationally on occasion
- Proficiency in Meltwater, CiviCRM, Airtable, Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom or similar systems
- Additional language skills, especially Ukrainian, Russian, English
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.