We are seeking an intern or skilled volunteer to support the Individual Philanthropy team in the stewardship, research, and management of portfolios of major donors/prospects as well as ad hoc operational support and special projects.
As an intern or skilled volunteer, you will have the opportunity to network with other Save the Children interns, volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children's work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about how the international development community intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Support marketing opportunities and outreach to donors by email and mail
- Research ways to reach and locate information on donors as necessary
- Work on ad hoc projects as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- must be reliable and willing to work in a self-directed and collaborative setting
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Minimum requirement is a letter of support and documentation is required only after an internship offer is accepted.)
- An individual who is not enrolled as a student or able to receive credit from their institution may apply to an internship, however will be classified as a skilled volunteer, not as an intern.