The Clinical Strategy Intern will learn about the history of FHI Clinical, Inc and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. The intern will also be assigned specific tasks under the direction of the Clinical Strategy Director. The intern will benefit by applying the knowledge acquired in their college coursework and research experience to hands on career experiences provided by FHI Clinical staff and mentors. This position is office based.
The Clinical Strategy Intern:
- Work with designated FHI Clinical staff to develop site database platform
- Assist team members with the completion of project specific tasks
- Attend meetings and other learning opportunities
- Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- Compile, prepare and analyze data and prepare reports, as needed. Provide administrative assistance for special projects as required by the Clinical Strategy team
- Communicate with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Attend departmental specific training, as required
- Perform other tasks under the direction of other FHI Clinical mentors and/or management
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Expertise and know-how
- Knowledge of ICH / GCP regulations helpful
- Knowledge of clinical research process and medical terminology
- Knowledge of building and maintaining databases
- Ability to reason independently to assess and recommend specific solutions in clinical settings
- Ability to work as a team member and interact with sites in a professional and courteous manner.
Personal skills & behaviors
- Availability to internal and external project team members
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, ability to read additional languages, such as French and Spanish, are helpful
- Excellent team player, collaborative and able to enable an effective team
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with lots of common sense and able to act on own initiative
- Accountable, dependable and demonstrates strong commitment
- Applies clear and consistent performance standards and handles problems decisively and objectively
- Customer service focused in approach to work, both internally and externally
- Maintains a positive, results-orientated attitude
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.