FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior HR and Procurement Specialist for USAID’s Strengthening Multisectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science Activity. The position will be based at FHI 360’s office in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
FHI 360 is the prime implementer of USAID’s Strengthening Multisectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science Activity, which aims to improve nutritional practices of targeted women, children and their family members. It is an implementation science project to test and refine multisectoral nutrition approaches, interventions and service delivery mechanisms in high stunting areas of Bangladesh, with a focus on pregnant and lactating women, and children under the age of two. The project has two intermediate Results (IRs): 1) Increased availability of evidence to guide multisectoral nutrition programming implementation; and 2) Improved capacity to use evidence to inform policy and programmatic decision-making. With the leadership of FHI 360, the project will be implemented in 6 districts of Khulna and Barishal divisions by a coalition of national and international organizations.
The Senior HR and Procurement Specialist will be responsible for overall human resources management and support activities related to procurement of all goods and services required to carry out project activities. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Follows the Global FHI 360’s recruitment, selection and hiring process and procedure to ensure that the recruitment, selection and hiring processes are performed in accordance with FHI 360 Bangladesh HR Policy requirement.
- Manages the recruitment process for the project(s) in FHI 360 Bangladesh office.
- Handles confidential HR and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Reviews and ensures that all required documents for Staff Requisition Process are complete and ready for obtaining final approval. Coordinates and prepares necessary paperwork (e.g., Consultant Request, Approval of SOW, Contract) to hire consultants as per FHI 360 policy.
- Develops and implements orientation programs for new hired staff.
- Functions as initial point of contact for employees with HR-related questions.
- Independently and accurately responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Recommends improvements or changes in systems, processes, or procedures to management.
- Works with management and recruiting partners to ensure employment and sourcing systems are implemented that meet the demands of the company’s current and future skill needs.
- Provides monthly employee timekeeping report to country office finance team.
- Arranges/updates Group Insurance policy and staff insurance claims and forward to the insurance agency for claim.
- Reviews staff OPD claim and forwards them to the finance for final approval and payment.
- Manages all travel and visa related functions in relation national staff travel, expat visa and work permit, NGO Affairs Bureau Registration/Renewal, Visa Processing and Hotel Reservation for Foreign Consultants.
Procurement and Administrative Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of administrative support activities in order to strengthen the ability of the project(s) to achieve development results through the provision of admin support and services.
- Designs and produces general correspondences, memos, letters, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supervises scheduling and arranging meetings and conferences for management, including agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for internal and external meetings. Assists with coordination of meetings, facilities planning and logistics required in all project areas.
- Consults with office Senior Management to determine procurement needs and specifications.
- Drafts procurement documents including requests for quotations/proposals, bid specifications, selection memos, selection matrices and purchase orders.
- Interacts and corresponds with vendors to keep abreast of new products and market trends
- Coordinates procurement committee members and tasks for all office procurements.
- Analyzes prices, specifications, and delivery dates of quotations received and selects or recommends vendors.
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors
- Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement files and reports, including updated schedule of all active procurements. Verifies all documentation, including invoices for payment with the finance team.
- Serves as point of contact for potential vendor questions.
- Manages lease/agreement for the office.
- Ensures smooth operations of the office through proper maintenance, organization and coordination of office facilities, supplies, equipment & vehicles.
- Coordinates and manages vehicle maintenance & check vehicle log books monthly.
- Supervises regular inventory list updates, arranges physical inventory in a timely manner, and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition.
- Periodically conducts internal audits with accounts payable to show compliance with company purchasing policies.
- Professional Certification with Bangladesh Society for Human Resource Management (BSHRM) is preferred.
- 5+ years of HR, procurement and administrative support experience in an office setting.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems. Bangla typing skill is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in an international non-governmental organization (INGO).
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.