FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is looking for a Project Coordinator for an anticipated project on “Financial Inclusion for Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) lending through the Agent Banking channel in Bangladesh”. The overall objective of the project is to ensure safe water and sanitation to the lower income population in rural location through affordable and accessible loans. The key components of the project include developing partnerships with the stakeholders, conducting market assessment, supporting development of lending products, developing communication materials, organizing awareness events, capacity building of field staff and ongoing monitoring of project performance. The project will be implemented in at least three districts.
The successful candidate will be offered a full-time contract from June 2019 to September 2020 with possibility of extension.
The Project Coordinator will lead project activities to ensure quality implementation and completion of the project according to standard operation procedures, and within the agreed implementation timeline. S/he will be responsible for supporting the Technical Advisor, Digital Financial Services with the overall management and coordination between partners and stakeholders to deliver the project activities at the field level. Under the direction of the Technical Advisor, s/he will facilitate the technical coordination among project partners, provide supportive supervision to relevant partners, collect data from partners, while ensuring management, operational and logistical requirements as per project design and operational guidelines. Her/his responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Coordinate with the project partners and stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Assist Technical Advisor with conducting market assessment, data collection and report writing;
- Assist with identifying and recruiting short-term field staff;
- Lead field level problem solving and resolution efforts to minimize project risk, develop contingency plan and issue resolution at the field locations in consultation the Technical Advisor;
- Monitor day-to-day project implementation through frequent field visits and performance monitoring;
- Support Technical Advisor with managing all administrative and logistic arrangements;
- Support Technical Advisor with organizing awareness and capacity building events;
- Build relationship with stakeholders and ensure effective coordination and management through clear communication, collaboration and problem-solving attitude;
- Ensure project field team has a clear understanding of project/study timelines and quality metrics;
- Provide supportive supervision to the field staff to ensure quality implementation of activities;
- Lead the development of various communication materials including case study, success story, lesson learned documents and awareness materials;
- Monitor data collection, perform quality review, conduct analysis and drafting of project performance reports;
- Any other task assigned by the Technical Advisor;
Problem Solving & Impact:
In consultation with the Technical Advisor
- The Project Coordinator needs to solve problems and operational constraints of the project by analysing and exploring both internal and external environments and routinely report these to the Technical Advisor
- The Project Coordinator works closely and consults with the Technical Advisor on all field-based initiatives under the project.
- Reports to Technical Advisor
- Routine coordination with all employees, in the country office and at the field locations
- Expected to work well with others; develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and colleagues across projects, sub awardees, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Possesses sound interpersonal skills, ability to adapt with changing situations, and gender sensitive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Bangla and English
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues
- Able to articulate and communicate with partners and external stakeholders in a clear, positive and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation to ensure operationalizing an effective monitoring system
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in project management, possessing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job
- Prior working experience with research activities, including survey implementation is desirable
- Prior working experience in partnership management in a consortium environment is desirable
- Experience working in the WSS sector is highly desirable
- Exposure to Agent Banking Services in Bangladesh is highly desirable
- Experience in day to day monitoring using digital platform and supportive supervision is highly desirable
- Prior experience working with GoB and NGOs
- Able to effectively prioritizes activities, assess workload of project team members and plan for timely accomplishment
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.