The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will be designed to strengthen initiatives in Asia to promote regional security and amplify moderate voices of peace and tolerance by convening stakeholders and building the capacity of moderate leaders, civil society groups, media, and local organizations to address drivers of conflict and violent extremism and promote tolerance and inclusion across the societal divisions. The program would support and complement bilateral CVE and conflict mitigation programs.
The qualified candidate will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka and will coordinate activities in-country as well as across the two other project sites in Myanmar and Thailand.
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for the development, oversight, and evaluation of Sri Lanka-specific activities of the program. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise the team within the country office to ensure efficient and effective delivery of project activities;
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of activities to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals and accurate financial and programmatic reporting;
- Maintain regular communication with FHI 360 project staff in Bangkok, Yangon, and Washington, DC;
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360, USAID, local government and civil society stakeholders, and other involved stakeholders;
- Contribute to program performance reports and biweekly updates;
- Manage development of and monitor work plans and budgets and ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations;
- Coordinate partner efforts in activity implementation across the country.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in civil society strengthening, peacebuilding, countering violent extremism, media strengthening, or other relevant field;
- Experience in South/Southeast Asia required, especially in Sri Lanka;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Fluency in English required.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.