External Recruitment Specialist
GSCSNJ Service Center
Accepts and implements the Girl Scout Mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. Agrees to pledge and uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
CUSTOMER IMPACT STATEMENT: The External Recruitment Specialist is a results-driven, sales oriented professional with strong lead generation skills. She/he executes effective recruitment strategies to maximize leads that result in the acquisition of new girl and adult members.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
Sales – Lead Generation
1.Implement effective recruitment strategies within assigned area to cultivate and generate quality girl and adult leads to meet monthly goals.
2.Use proven sales techniques to maximize opportunities to acquire new girl and adult volunteers with the intent purpose of building new troops.
3.Clearly communicate and emphasize the features and benefits of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to potential members.
4.Provide the highest level of service to both external and internal customers and members.
Recruitment Plan – Implementation
1.Execute comprehensive action plans to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouts through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions and other community constituents.
2.Ensure consistent Girl Scout branding is used in all customer interactions.
3.In partnership with your internal recruitment counterpart, strategize opportunities that allow new girls and adults to experience Girl Scouts in the pathway of their choice.
4.Work interdepartmentally to execute projects that impact council membership goals.
5.Collaborate with administrative volunteers to support local recruitment efforts and elevate our presence in the marketplace.
6.Work interdepartmentally to support overall council membership goals.
1.Use the customer relationship management system (CRM) to track results against goals and objectives.
2.Gather available data and analyze information to identify opportunities for growth in the acquisition of girl and adult members.
3.Prepare a variety of status, activity and follow-up reports to assess if daily activities positively impact goals.
4.Determine when sufficient information has been collected to evaluate the effectiveness of daily activities.
5.Identify when immediate action must be taken to improve individual results.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Sales, customer relationship management (CRM), volunteer recruitment, community organizing, or customer service experience preferred. Bilingual skills an asset – Spanish.
- Strong communication skill with expertise in sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; manage multiple priorities; creatively solve problems, and foster a pluralistic environment.
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods.
- Some bending and stooping required. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds of paper or equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, calculator, copier machine, etc. Ability to read numbers, reports and computer terminals
- Hearing within normal range for telephone use.
- Must be able to react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the council at any given point in time.
- Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- The job requires driving 70% of the time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and provide own transportation for travel within the council jurisdiction.
- Sales- Lead Generation
- Recruitment Plan
- Data Analysis
Experience: Sales, customer relationship management (CRM), volunteer recruitment, community organizing, or customer service experience preferred. Bilingual skills an asset – Spanish
Strong communication skill with expertise in sales.
Demonstrated ability to work independently; manage multiple priorities; creatively solve problems, and foster a pluralistic environment.