The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and implementing M&E processes and practices for emergency response program activities in-country. Incumbent will be expected to train program staff to ensure performance indicators and output, outcome and impact data are prepared and collected properly in targeted geographic and sectoral areas.
Based in Butembo, this position is initially envisioned as a two-three month assignment with possibility of extension. This duty station has been designated as high risk or extreme risk and poses a heightened risk or direct threat to personal safety. Applicants should research this location and the associated risks before submitting an application.
- Manage, train and mentor M&E team of local staff working in field sites.
- Oversee all M&E actions in accordance with both the organization’s and donor policies.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting actions highlight program successes and impact.
- Proactively identify key program and themes areas for evaluation and analysis.
- Ensure program feedback loop so external findings results in improve quality of project management and implementation.
- Ensure high quality of M&E data collection.
- In coordination with Response Coordinator, develop project implementation plans with strong monitoring and reporting components.
- Ensure M&E indicators in database match donor reporting requirements.
- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E team by identifying training opportunities and increasing the team’s knowledge of M&E protocols and practice.
- Provide written contributions to weekly, quarterly and annual reports as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments to provide strong support to sub-offices.
- Assist with proposal and grant modification development and design as needed.
- In-depth functional knowledge in area of specialization and detailed knowledge of related areas in the organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the external environment and how it affects the industry, including political, legal, environmental, financial and social influences.
- Comprehensive understanding of organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues. Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics.
- Demonstrated experience in training on M&E systems and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience remote managing and training staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. French language skills strongly desired.
- Typically requires 0 – 3 years of in M&E activities for initiatives in an emergency response context in insecure locations.
- Experience with OFDA and State/PRM program and monitoring requirements for those positions associated with work associated with Crisis Response initiatives.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.